Sunday 25 August 2013

It's not true.

She wasn't kind with her words. She accused me, rendering me useless. Being the weakling I am I ran away hiding in the school toilet to weep. Lucky for me I did not come out with red eyes or nose. I wandered around aimlessly in school, not wanting to go back to class, looking through other classes for refuge, for comfort. Unfortunately all classes were filled with teachers but I saw samuel at the end of the corridor, looking over the balcony, obviously not wanting to enter his own class either. And so I joined him.

It just rained last night and the morning breeze was cool. The temperature was around cameron highland temperature and the wind was blowing at the right pace, not too strongly yet enough to feel it. We looked upon the peak of summit and the basketball court, talking. Actually it was just me asking him questions while he talked about social interactions. It was really soothing you know. Having a friend beside you without needing to worry how to continue on the conversation. I wasn't really listening. I allowed my ponderings to flow along with the wind, to disappear from me for that short moment. 

I really wish that time could freeze then. That was the most serene part I felt in months. Sadly that moment did not last. As we turned around TCC was at the other end of the corridor staring at both of us. God knows how long she's been there. We backed off into the stairs beside us and made a run for it. I went to bengkel as I suddenly remembered my friends were there. 

So there I was, helping them remove stitches and cutting off pieces of cloth in an furious attempt to feel useful. I'm not useless. I'm not useless. What she said about me isn't true. That teacher is just exaggerating. She's not thinking straight. I hope. 

After that I went to the open house thingy that zarif was asking us to go. It brightened me inside to see that I could make the orphan's day by borrowing them my camera. And it helped alot that wei yan, chin loong and czyn min were willing to be my photography subjects. I got to practice alot with photographing humans that day. I still have alot of room for improvement. 

Her words are still running through my mind. What should I do about what she said? Should I just quit and leave it to end, or should I stay on and prove to her that I can? I think I know the answer deep down in my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment